Saturday, June 28, 2014

Learnings from losing a high priced cell phone!

So once I was traveling in train - rush, people everywhere. I was wearing my headphones and listening to something, as I boarded the train the sound got cut off, and I realized that my cell phone had been stolen.

It was a high priced phone and I was heart broken at that time. Somehow I made it home. The incident made me angry and bitter for a couple of days. I tried convincing myself that it was fate, it was meant to happen and so on. But nothing quite seemed to work, I was still a bit upset about it.

Everything reminded me about that phone - google maps that I used to see on roads while traveling, its alarm clock, the every minute checking of whatsapp messages and email notifications and even the flashlight which used to accompany me every night in the dark!

But later this incident taught me really valuable and amazing life lesson - forgetting the past and dropping the weight of an incident that impacted you.
The past lives only in your head and nowhere else! So you have to learn to forget the past and that incident. Bad incidents happen all the time, but we have to learn to let go of the weight of negative emotions that we get by that bad incident. We just have to let that go because it is not going to serve your life.

I also have a pic of me and my cell phone. I am extremely thankful to Ankita (whose Samsung Note 2 was stolen, and I used to make fun of her, so much for karma...:) for purposely adding cake on my phone screen, and due to that I  HAVE a pic of me and my cell phone. (:

This pic was taken just 1 day before my phone got stolen this pic was actually clicked my fate lol


No comments:

Post a Comment